Sullivan Whitetail Ranch
Acres: 507 +/- Acres
Location: Sullivan Whitetail Ranch is located just 60 miles northwest of the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex in Sunset, Texas, Montague County.
Description: The Sullivan Whitetail Ranch is a game fenced, highly improved game ranch and deer breeding operation. An all-weather road begins at the ranchs custom front gated electric entrance and meanders by a beautiful lake and manicured landscapes. The lake and main house area is sprinkler irrigated. The main house is located in scenic proximity to the lake with the barn and deer pen facilities lying just beyond nestled in the oaks and bull mesquites. The main home overlooks the magnificent four acre lake which stretches out to the front. The ranch is characterized by its diverse flat to gently rolling topography and exceptional variety of native flora and trees. The property has a vast assortment of plant life consisting of bull mesquite, oaks, pecan trees, hackberry, and soapberry. There is approximately 25% of the ranch which is good cultivated farm land, approximately 25% in healthy native pasture land and the remaining 50% of the ranch is of healthy native brush and stands of native grasses (little bluestem, side oats, big bluestem, etc.) which provide excellent forage for cattle as well as habitat and forage for wildlife.
Water: The ranch has good water resources accessible for domestic livestock and wildlife use. Two electric water wells provide water for domestic use and livestock watering, while surface water is provided by earthen tanks. The general flow of drainage is from north to south; several wet weather creeks traverse the ranch and in due course run into the tanks. There is one lake which is located right below the main house and is approximately 4 acres; there are a total of 8 ponds ranging in size from to 1 acre in size. Underground water lines supply water to 48 wildlife and livestock watering troughs, in addition to underground water which supplies the lake and some of the ponds.
Wildlife: The Sullivan Whitetail Ranch primarily functions as a whitetail deer breeding facility and hunting ranch. The deer facility, pens and barns are an incredibly well thought out program concentrating on the breeding, raising and cultivation of exceptional whitetail deer. Careful attention to wildlife conservation on the ranch creates excellent wildlife habitat as well as home to a variety of other small wildlife, songbirds, and breeding ground for a number of migratory fowl. Game species on the ranch include trophy whitetail deer, turkey, dove, and quail. There have been releases of whitetail deer from the breeding facility. The ranch has excellent wildlife populations due to an intense wildlife management program including planted food plots, available forage, native brush coverage, and water resources.
Improvements: This unique property has numerous building and site improvements.
1. The lodge is of rock & cedar construction with approximately 150sq/ft of porch and 1,260sq/ft of patio/outdoor living & entertaining area. This lodge is approximately 5,087sq/ft, consisting of 6 bedrooms, 5-1/2 bath rooms, state of the art gourmet kitchen, dining area off of the kitchen overlooking the back yard and lake landscapes beyond, a large open living/entertainment room with nice fire place is located in the trophy room. The kitchen, living & dining areas have rustic hardwood floors, walls are of a stained textured finish, and a mixture of wood tongue & groove barrel ceilings to flat stucco textured ceilings. The kitchen has elegant granite countertops, custom wood cabinetry and complimentary appliances. Bedrooms and baths are of elegant western furnishings, with stained concrete floors and heavy plaster walls. The lodge is completely furnished.
2. The porch & patio area is tastefully stained concrete which extends to the pool area with a flagstone trimmed swimming pool and Jacuzzi. The entertaining area is a beautifully constructed area. It is covered and is attached to the lodge on one wall; the barrel ceiling is of stained tongue & groove wood with dropped ceiling fans and recessed lighting. There is a solid hip height wall with lighted columns surrounding the patio and a large fireplace extending flush to the ceiling in the middle of the front side of this patio area. There are several large, comfortable dining seating arrangements and numerous big comfortable lounging rockers situated around the fireplace overlooking the manicured exterior landscapes and lake.
3. Deer barn & handling facility: 6,840sq/ft of deer barn with 1,971sq/ft of exterior overhangs excellent for ATV or vehicle parking. The facility has 3 large bay roll-up doors, two standard entrance doors and a small loading slide door for loading deer into a trailer. This is a very efficient and state of the art deer working facility around; from the well thought out design of every room, holding pen, chute and entrance/exits, it boasts of perfection. A steel structure on concrete slab is the basic construction of this barn and includes an office area - medicine room and working space, and a storage area with three 10 roll-up doors. The actual deer outside deer pens are complete with sheds which provide shelter form weather and/or sun, there is a mister system connected to every pen, and water reels serviceable to every pen for watering the pens.
4. Hay barn: Approximately 6,816sq/ft metal enclosed barn.
5. Tractor shed: Approximately 1,220sq/ft - 3 sided metal barn for equipment parking.
6. Foremans house: 3 bedrooms 2 bath with approximately 123sq/ft of covered porches.
7. Game processing-walk-in cooler.
Other site and ranch improvements are varied and wide spread over the entire property. The ranch is high-fenced into two main pastures; all-weather interior roads are in good condition with brush clearing along sides of the roads. The main entrance gate is an automatic open/close gate which has a keypad, convenient for ingress into the property.
Remarks: At Sullivan Whitetail Ranch we take great pride in all aspects of our operations and make sure no detail is overlooked. Words cannot do this outstanding ranch justice. It is the envy of any outdoor enthusiast, avid hunter and every deer breeder; truly an awesome ranch that has been well maintained and loved. A perfect, ready-to-go deer breeding, recreational and or hunting destination.
Minerals: Exact mineral conveyance to be determined at time of new title commitment.
Price: Call For Price
Electric to Barn
All Weather Road
Type of Fence
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Loading Tax Data