* NOTE - Most of this ranch has been divided and sold off. What is left is the south 112 acres priced at $3000/acre - no improvements except one windmill and fencing. Owner financing available.
TWO COUNTY RANCH, located mostly in northern Menard County with 15 +/- acres in southern Concho County. Location is northwest of Menard, southwest of Eden, southeast of San Angelo.
Nice ranch land - level to gentle roll with some views to the southeast. Three fertile fields - estimating 25-30 acres total. Good soil and grass cover throughout. Tree cover mostly Live Oaks and Mesquite. One wet-weather draw across south part of ranch. Good roads throughout the ranch. End of road privacy - county road terminates at the northeast corner.
There is a road easement across the north boundary that serves three ranches at the northwest corner.
Good perimeter fencing - all four foot except east line which is eight foot. Four cross-fenced pastures, all four foot fencing.
Nice moderate improvements being:
1. Three bedroom two bath older home but completely remodeled inside which gives it a new and modern appearance (gas / electric). Flooring is tile, carpet, wood laminate. Two-sided fireplace (den / living room). Modern kitchen with appliances. Estimating 1642 square feet not warranted by Realtor. Central air / heat. Metal roof. Nice oak-studded setting.
2. Barn, appears to be two years old - not on the tax rolls. 60 x 40 in size, concrete slab. One walk-in door and a 14 x 14 overhead door. Two 60 x 20 overhangs north / south sides. Barn is insulated. No electricity but the source is within 75 feet - barn is located near the home.
3. Three very old barns / working pens - no value placed on them.
4. Two water wells - one with submersible pump services the home compound area. Well #2 is a windmill with large concrete storage tank. No known water well logs. Estimating depth of wells 350' +/-.
Ranch is under agriculture exemption - neighboring rancher leases the cattle rights until September 2015. He is a life-long resident and would like to continue the lease.
This is a nice looking, very clean end-of-road ranch. Should be a good hunting ranch as well as weekend use, corporate retreat, or permanent living. Come take a look!
Owner will consider dividing the ranch and offering smaller tracts for sale:
1. Improvements (home / barns) + 100 acres = $420,000.
2. Will sell minimum 50 acre tracts $2700/acre.
From Menard, north on Hwy. 87 for 14 miles (3 miles north of the county line), turn left (west) on County Road 2304 and go to the end (4 miles), right (north) on County Road 2019 for one-half mile, left (west) on County Road 2324 to the end (2.5 miles), left (south) on County Road 2335 to the end (3 miles) - this places you at the northeast corner of the ranch. The 10 miles on county roads is all-weather caliche in good-to-excellent condition. Another option is paved state Hwy. 176 from Hwy. 87 west of Eden - at the end of this highway you will have three miles of county caliche road to the ranch.
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Loading Tax Data
Other Land for Sale from
NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation, expressed or implied, made by Lands of America, or any related entity, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions, change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.