This property is no longer available.Search for Available Property.
This large scenic ranch features rolling elevation changes that overlook a recently expanded 15-acre lake and lush creek bottoms lined with large mature oak. The lake is habitat for a significant population of wild ducks while the creek bottom areas of the property offer cover for deer, turkey, and hogs. There are several prime home sites on the property that would provide panoramic views of the property and for several miles beyond. Two, 1-acre, year-round stock tanks afford additional water to support wildlife and livestock. This expansive property will allow endless opportunities for recreation and relaxation for the entire family, or families. The diverse features currently support great hunting, hiking, ATV riding, horseback riding, canoeing in the lake, or just sitting to enjoy the many views and the quietness. I have spotted, or noted signs of deer, turkey, hogs, coyote, ducks, dove, and quail, during my visits to this property. Stocking the lake will provide fishing opportunities for years to come. The property is easily accessed, only 8 miles west of HWY 287 at Bellevue. There is road frontage on two county roads that adjoins the entire north and south boundaries of property, approximately 0.7 miles each. There are gates along both roads to access the property. Electricity is also available at along both road frontages. Good fences enclose the perimeter of the property, which is currently grazed by a small herd of cattle. There are several cross fences, working pens, and an enclosed 30x50 metal barn with two 10x50 overhangs. A very nice 15-acre coastal field, at the northeast corner of the property, is separately enclosed. Pictures and aerial maps do not begin to show the true beauty and unique characteristics of this property, it must be seen to be appreciated.
- This large ranch is conveniently located less than 1.5 hours from Fort Worth, and within 2 hours of downtown Dallas. Just 20 minutes from Bowie (pop. 5000), providing nearby access to retail, services, and restaurants
- Unique to most of the area, this property experiences elevation changes totaling in excess of 70 feet, providing great panoramic views extending for several miles. The topography is gradual and rolling, without steep cliffs or hazardous ditches
- Water features include a stunning 15-acre lake, two 1-acre ponds, and a creek running through the center of the property. Mature oaks line the creek bottoms, while a few pecan trees are scattered throughout. Mesquite has been managed, maintained in some areas of the property to provide additional cover for game animals
- 7/10 of a mile of gravel county road frontage, along both the north and south boundaries, allows for easy access to most areas of the property and great flexibility for building sites selection. There are good internal roads to the lake and to the barn area
- There are good native grasses throughout the property to support livestock, while a nice 15-acre coastal field provides bales to supplement the winter season
- The fences, 5-6 strand wire, are in good condition and enclose the perimeter of the property. There are also several cross fences to manage livestock access to various portions of the property
- A nice 30x50 metal barn is located in the northwest quadrant of the property. A wall divides the barn in half, with one half having a full concrete floor with potential for finishing as a shop. The barn has 10-50 overhangs that provide additional protected storage
- There is no oil/gas production on the property and the seller will convey 100% of owned mineral interests, believed to be 8% of the total
- Electricity is available at the road along the entire north and south boundaries of the property
- Property taxes were $630 in 2015, reduced through Ag-exemption
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Loading Tax Data