#1 in Rural Real Estate Online

245 acres in Young County, Texas

Olney, Texas 76374

This property has been sold.

Search for Available Property.

Details about the Land

County:Young Type:Acreage w/House Acres:245
Address: City:Olney State:Texas
Zip:76374 Price: Property Sold Status:Sold

Bedrooms:3 Baths:2 Sq. Feet:1415
Property ID: 931729

Description of the Land

Description: 245 m/l acres in Young County close to the town of Olney. Beautiful setting with a 1415 sq ft home, and a 1200 sq ft metal building with an attached 50 x 40 Car-Port. Spectacular views from hunting lodge, which sits on a large hill overlooking 2 larger stock tanks and the valleys below. This property is superb for hunting; agricultural cropland properties surrounding the ranch and the right brush and cover required for large Deer and Quail populations. Use for family recreation or a professional hunting operation package. Easy access with Olney Airport less than a mile away, and a 2 hour drive to Dallas Fort-Worth.

Terrain: Rolling hills with 70% of the property in scattered brush, Mesquite, and some Oaks. The remaining 30% of the property is in smaller pastures with native grasses. Bordered on 3 sides by farms and ranches growing row crops which support native Deer, Quail, Turkeys and Dove; this ranch really is set-up for the game population in the area.

Improvements: Impressive 1415 sq ft wood and rock home built in 2006 (approximate) with 3 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, vaulted ceilings and superb views from the wraparound porch. Top of the line kitchen including dish washer, oven with range, and refrigerator. Washer and dryer, central air and heat.

1- 1200 sq ft enclosed metal storage building with concrete foundation provides excellent storage of hunting gear and equipment, attached 50 X 40 carport to cover vehicles and equipment.

Water: 3 Large stock tanks on the property that are in excellent condition and hold plenty of water to support fish and game. Water well for the house and storage building.

Electric: Connected to the Lodge and Barn with outdoor lighting as well.

Wildlife: Due to the ideal area and habitat, wildlife includes Whitetail Deer (large -- recent 10 point sighted), superb Quail habitat, Turkey, Dove and Waterfowl for exceptional hunting.

Minerals: None

Directions: From TX-114 entering Olney from the East take a left on Hwy 79 Throckmorten, take a right on Farm Market Road 210, left on Self Road and right on Schlegale Road (property is between Swink and Self Roads).

Conclusion: If you are looking for a place in meticulous condition with superb views, not too far from Dallas - Fort Worth with the habitat to support a variety of game, this is the property to purchase.

No trespassing, contact Sales Associate for a viewing

Map of Olney, Texas, 76374

View in Google Earth

Directions to the Land

Directions: From TX-114 entering Olney from the East take a left on Hwy 79 Throckmorten, take a right on Farm Market Road 210, left on Self Road and right on Schlegale Road (property is between Swink and Self Roads).

Agriculture and Farming

Agricultural Uses

Livestock Type


Barn Information
Electric to Barn
Equipment Barn
Water to Barn

Whitetail Deer

Minerals Available

Present Use

Proposed Use


Common Features
Gated Entrance

Land Type

Number of Stock Tanks (water under 1 acre)

Property Tax Exemption

Road Frontage Desc

Type of Fence
Barbed Wire


Lot Description

Number of Wells

Property Type
Single Family

All Weather Road
Overhead Utilities

Other Land for Sale in Young County

NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation, expressed or implied, made by, or any related entity, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions, change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.