$195,000 2.4 acres George West, Texas 78022 - Live Oak County
The George West Gin was operated in the late 1930's and early 1940's. There are two building on the 2.4 acres. The main gin has approximately 4,800 square feet of area under a metal roof. Some of the original ginning equipment is still located in this building. The building has two levels, a concrete floor, red clay tile walls and metal framing for the roof. A 1,200 square foot drive-thru was used to unload cotton for the gin. This area is covered and has a concrete floor. The second building was used as a cotton seed storage building. It has red clay tile walls, a steel frame supported metal roof and a dirt floor. This site abuts to the railroad and at one time had a rail siding for loading cotton onto train cars.
L. T. Davis L Davis Realty, Inc.