This property has been sold.Search Active Listings in Erath County, TX.
Garner Park Ranch
Garner Park Ranch located in Stephenville, Texas was originally known as Garner State Park and Stephenville State Park. The park was built in 1933 by the newly established Civilian Conservation Corps, which employed construction workers to build public works projects throughout the United States during the great depression. The purchase of the land for this park was made possible by funds donated by the people of Morgan Mills and Stephenville. The park was named for Vice President John Nance Garner of Uvade, Texas and later renamed Stephenville State Park. Original construction included a pavilion, lake and camping facilities. In 1948 the Park was closed and returned to the Collier Ranch, the original donor of the site to the CCC. The park and contiguous land was operated as a part of Collier Ranch until 1980 at which time the ranchland and park were acquired by the current owners, who changed the name to Garner Park Ranch. They have maintained the ranch for conservation, wildlife and historic preservation.
The 1,042 acre ranch is high fenced with two nice size lakes and three smaller ponds or stock tanks. The ranch is located over a super aquifer with two deep wells that serve the pavilion, houses and corrals. Parts of the ranch terrain are very rugged and much like the Hill Country. There are 40+\- acres of land that have been established and maintained for food plots and cultivated fields. Additionally, for over ten years, the ranch has had a Level 3 Managed Lands Deer Permit (MLDP) for white-tailed deer. The ranch is located on Highway 281 southwest of the Fort Worth/Dallas Metroplex; an hour from Fort Worth, and one hour and forty-five minutes from Dallas.
This property is exclusively listed by Burgher-Ray Ranch Sales of Briggs Freeman Sothebys International Realty. For more information contact David Burgher 214.213.8715 or Harlan Ray 214.908.7770.
Broker must register prospects at first contact.
Buyers/Prospects may be asked for proof of funds prior to scheduling a showing.
The ranch is located on Highway 281 southwest of the Fort Worth/Dallas Metroplex; an hour from Fort Worth, and one hour and forty-five minutes from Dallas.
Contact David Burgher 214.213.8715 or Harlan Ray 214.908.7770 for more information
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Loading Tax Data
Other Land for Sale in Erath County
NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation, expressed or implied, made by Lands of America, or any related entity, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions, change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.